“Rob’s team worked on the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park as Event Control / Event Liaison Coordinators. This involved:
– Coordination of multiple agencies (emergency services, local authorities, event organisers, venues and neighbours) on and off site during events
– Providing a range of training sessions (Bronze and Silver responders), table top and command post exercises to ensure that plans, processes and personnel were tested ahead of events
– Provision of a web based logging and Safety Advisory Group documentation system
– Provision of event control staff to support logging and information sharing
Rob carried out this work during the 2013 event session which included a wide range of concerts for up to 60,000 spectators, Diamond League Athletics and others such as National Paralympic Day. He demonstrated that he and his team could turn their hand to any task, were thoroughly professional and at all times had the client’s needs as priority. I have no hesitation in recommending Rob to support your business or event.”David Demolder, Project leader & Adviser, Mace
The Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and associated venues has been a major success in revitalising this area of East London and turning Olympic and Paralympic venues into legacy sites and open spaces. Since 2013 our work with the London Legacy Development Corporation (LLDC) and London Stadium has involved us supporting the majority of major events in the area including:
- delivering Event Control support to London Stadium on every football, athletics, concert, baseball and other significant events
- devising contingency plans (in 2013-4) and a programme of readiness testing and exercising for the 2013 Summer Events series
- working to establish a Command, Control and Coordination (C3) framework which could accommodate the ‘Clear, Connect, Complete’ programme of change from London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games operations through to 2013 Summer events delivery and beyond.
- delivering a web based logging capability which could flex to include a large number of event stakeholders
- supporting event control operations with Event Liaison Team (ELT) meetings
debriefing each event ahead of the next session in the series.
The solution had to be right first time with significant organisational and stakeholder pressure for Park Operations to be effective, safe and secure for events in their interim state (during reconstruction of the Park before opening in 2014).
We deployed a tried and tested web based logging, Safety Advisory Group (SAG) documentation and notification platform which had already been proven in the events context and brought on board a wide variety of event organisers, emergency services, five local authorities and a variety of roles and shifts within each of those organsiations. During events we provide Manager, Channel controllers and loggists to enable the Client to focus upon their overall safety and security role. To date our Event Liaison/Control team & web based platform have supported:
Our system remains at the heart of the local multi-agency command, control and coordination (C3) of routine events since 2013, incidents and day to day operations. The flexibility of our platform with minimal training requirements and mobile and web friendly versions means that the system is readily accepted by the majority of stakeholders for event liaison and maintaining a common operating picture.